Do you still have reservations about renewing your foreign worker’s work permit? You may avoid making mistakes in these complex processes if you grasp the regulations and requirements for work permit application and renewal.
Malaysian company are required to ensure that all foreign worker applicants have undergone ISC verification as a legislative requirement for work permit renewal applications in Malaysia in order to improve and tighten national security.
Before applying for a work visa, you should be aware of the following:
- The overseas worker must have a valid passport for at least 18 months.
- The foreign worker must be between the ages of 18 and 45 at the time of application.
- Work permits normally have a validity period of six months to five years.
- Foreign employees are only authorised to work in the manufacturing, construction, plantation, agricultural, and service industries.
- The foreign worker must be certified PASS for Immigration Security Clearance in the country of origin (ISC).
- The foreign worker’s fitness and health must be certified by a recognised medical centre in the source nation.
You can apply for one of three types of Work Passes:
- Employment Permit
Individuals with specialised skills such as manufacturing, building, and plantation management. This type of pass is valid for a minimum of two years and may only be used for work in the manufacturing, plantation, agricultural, construction, and service industries.
- Temporary Work Permit
For occupations paying less than RM5000 or employing a foreign worker for less than two years. This type of permit is only authorised for work in the manufacturing, plantation, agricultural, construction, and service industries.
- Professional Visit Pass
Employees who continue to work in their home country while delivering services to a Malaysian firm are eligible for this benefit. This type of permit allows workers to stay in Malaysia for up to 6 months.
Finally, all foreign employees must be from authorised source countries, which include Vietnam, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and Bangladesh. No work shall be authorised to commence until the work permit application / renewal is accepted, otherwise you may be punished under Malaysian law for employing illegal personnel. Finally, it is preferable to engage a reputable recruitment agency in Selangor, recruitment agency in Penang, recruitment agency in Melaka and all other regions in Malaysia for foreign worker. recruiting services and work permit renewal for your foreign employees.